I was asked by a Quora user to list “What are the best digital events focusing on ‘localisation’ this year?”. I answered on Quora.com but thought it would be a good idea to share with my blog readers as well.
Here is my top-of-mind list of interesting conferences/events with strong “local” and “geolocation” angles in 2011:
- Conversational Commerce Conference (Opus Research), February 2011
- Local Online Advertising Conference (Borrell Associates), March 2011
- Interactive Local Media East (BIA/Kelsey), March 2011
- Newspapers Association of America conference (MediaXchange), March 2011
- Yellow Pages Association Conference, April 2011
- Where 2.0 Conference (O’Reilly), April 2011
- European Association of Directory Publishers Conference, May 2011
- European Association of Directory Publishers Congress, September 2011
- Directional Media Strategies (BIA/Kelsey), September 2011
- Asian Directories Publishers Association Conference, November 2011
- Local Social Summit, November 2011
- Interactive Local Media West (BIA/Kelsey), December 2011
Check out GeoLoco (http://geoloco.tv/) as well. They haven’t announced anything yet for 2011 but they probably will.
I’m sure I forgot a few. Please let me know in the comments and I’ll add them to the list.
Other related conferences:
- Navigation Strategies USA (The Where Business), January 2011
2 thoughts on “12 Interesting "Local" and "Geo-Location" Conferences in 2011”
Good list. People in Silicon Valley or SF who want to attend C3 next week should register with code OPRCH for a discount. Great speaker list (incl. Seb) is http://bit.ly/C3event
Also . . . Where 2.0 should probably be on that list.