[praized subtype=”small” pid=”66afa9c1b5e4cd2f613f200ec61d955d” type=”badge” dynamic=”true”] just released their forecast for US Local advertising revenues for the 2009-2014 period.
- U.S. local advertising market will grow to $144.9 billion in 2014 (CAGR: +2.2%)
- Spending on traditional media will decline from $115 billion in 2009 to $108.2 billion in 2014 (CAGR: -1.2%)
- Spending on online/interactive media is projected to grow from $15.2 billion to $36.7 billion (CAGR: +19.3%)
- Meaningful recovery beginning in 2012
- 55 percent of all ad spending is with local media
BIA/Kelsey is also preparing their next conference MarketPlaces 2010. Happening at the [praized subtype=”small” pid=”a998a4e65a611a1cd4e2711025422ec1″ type=”badge” dynamic=”true”] from March 22 to March 24, the theme of the conference is “local verticals”.
Presentations I’m most looking forward to:
- Opening Keynote Address: Jon Brod, Executive VP, AOL Ventures
- Google @ Marketplaces 2010 Sam Sebastian, Director, Local & B2B Markets, Google
- The New Content Aggregators: Rick Blair, CEO, Examiner.com
- Keynote Address: Andrew Mason, CEO, Groupon
- The New Directory/Marketplace Plays with SuperMedia, AT&T Interactive, Local Matters and Merchant Circle
- BIA Kelsey: 10 Takeaways from Marketplaces 2010
I will be attending the conference. If you’d like to meet, ping me at sprovencher AT praizedmedia.com.