Found on WebProNews, a video interview with Stuart McKelvey, President and CEO of TMP Directional Marketing. He’s at SES San Jose to present the results of a recent local search study done with ComScore.
Highlights of the interview:
- Offline local searches are mostly centered on service-based companies
- Online local searches have a more product-centric purpose
- Consumers are searching for businesses located within 1 to 20 miles of their home
- Close to the transaction, 40% of consumers are still shopping around and can be influenced
- 30% of consumers want to transact offline
- 20% wanted to talk to someone before closing the transaction